Thursday, December 12, 2013

Life's circle

This year in March one of my beloved cats, Miranda, died from secondary lung cancer.  Her passing came as a shock, even though we knew she was sick… we thought she had more time.  That we would have more time with her.  She died in my arms on the way to the vet...


It's coming on Christmas now… this will be my first without her in 10 years.  I swear her littermate, Vivian, is aware of this, too.  They were inseparable.


After she passed, I adopted 2 kittens, Max and Mabel, the last 2 of a litter that was rescued by the Burbank Animal Shelter foster program.  Vivian was very depressed, and I hoped kittens would be good company, if nothing else… she likes them best when they are asleep.



I miss Miranda every day, and at the holidays now more than ever.  But I'm so grateful I have Vivian still and so happy to have Max and Mabel, too.  They were born around Christmas last year… a gift I did not expect.



No comments:

Post a Comment